Ororo.tv
книга Секреты Эссе
Author24

Some people think that learning foreign languages is a waste of time and money. Эссе C2

Английский форум Помощь Бесплатная подготовка к ОГЭ и ЕГЭ Эссе по английскому языку: ЕГЭ C2

Описание: Сочинения по английскому языку, написанные нашими пользователями и проверенные нашими преподавателями. Ниже представлен список тем эссе по английскому языку для ЕГЭ. Примеры своих работ добавляйте в соответствующий раздел.
Модератор: karina_mia

Сообщение karina_mia » 24.02.2014, 00:11

Тема сочинения "Some people think that learning foreign languages is a waste of time and money. What is your opinion?"

By Ildar

Nowadays learning foreign languages is very popular. It is a hobby for millions of people who want to be successful and happy. However, is learning languages worth spending so much time and effort on?

As for me, I think learning languages has many advantages. To begin with, it helps travel around the world and communicate with people from different nations. Furthermore, the people who speak more than one language are likely to get a higher-paid job than those who do not have foreign language skills. Finally, learning languages improves one’s memory and broaden mind.
On the other hand, some people think that learning foreign languages is a waste of time and money. In their mind, foreign language skills are not necessary either in travelling abroad or in getting a good job.

I cannot agree with these people. Knowing at least one foreign language is a must for everybody who wants to make a good career and gain success because technological advances such as the Internet, cellular phones, computers improved the way different countries cooperate and conduct business.

To sum up, I would say that learning foreign languages is very important. Not only is it a great way to spend time and relax, but it also can easily help become successful and make a good career.
How people treat you is their karma.
How you react is yours.
karina_mia F
Преподаватель
Преподаватель
Аватара
Достижения: 1
Наставник (1)
С нами: 4 года 2 месяца

Info

Сообщение English Guru » 25.02.2014, 02:49

Ildar писал(а):As for me, I think
Когда работа сильная, не грех попридираться. Знаю, что вы так уже часто писали, но это масло масляное. Я бы убрал I think и оставил As for me, learning languages has many advantages.

Ildar писал(а):Finally, learning languages improves one’s memory and broaden mind.
Грамматика проскакивает: broadens mind или даже тоже broadens one's mind

Ildar писал(а):foreign language skills are not necessary either in travelling abroad or in getting a good job.
Всё гуд, но, имхо, так звучит естественнее: foreign language skills are necessary neither in travelling abroad nor in getting a good job.

Отлично, осбенно круто, что вы используете инверсию в эссе: :clap:
Ildar писал(а):Not only is it a great way to spend time and relax, but it also can...
Лучшая благодарность за помощь — рассказать о нас в социальных сетях!

Книга «Секреты Эссе» поможет Вам значительно улучшить навык написания эссе для ЕГЭ.

Если Вам нужно выполнить задание, но сами Вы делать ничего не хотите, то смотрите форум платная помощь.
English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Some people think that learning foreign languages is a waste of time and money

Сообщение Эмилия » 30.05.2014, 19:32

It is generally accepted that it is not worth to learn foreign languages. Some people disagree with this statement. I would like to express my point of view on this problem.
The first thing that needs to be said is that learning foreign languages gains popularity. To know second language is necessary for a successful human. To be more precise, if you master a foreign language you have more opportunities to get a highly-paid job. Futhermore, in our days a lot of people travel. They also should know foreign language to immerse an atmosphere of target country, communicating with natives. Besides, learning languages improves the educability and opens your mind.
Nevertheless, let us consider this problem from another angle. Some people consider that it is not worth to learn foreign languages. They are convinced that it is enough to know only native one. Moreover, to learn foreign languages is expensive. Also it takes a lot of time. There would seem to be clear pros and cons to both options.
Personally, I think that foreign languages worth learning. To know it in a perfect way is guarantee of success.
In conclusion, I would like to recommend everyone to focus attention on learning foreign languages.
Проверьте пожалуйста.
Эмилия
Новичок
Новичок
С нами: 2 года 11 месяцев

Сообщение English Guru » 01.06.2014, 00:57

Эмилия писал(а):it is not worth to learn
to be worth + gerund = it is not worth learning

Эмилия писал(а):To know second language
a second language или a foreign language (лучше) - любое исчисляемое неабстрактое существительное должно иметь артикль!

Эмилия писал(а):if you master a foreign language you have more opportunities
Нужна запятая перед you have

Эмилия писал(а):They also should know foreign language
a foreign language

Эмилия писал(а):it is enough to know only native one
their native one или only the native one

Эмилия писал(а):I think that foreign languages worth learning
are worth learning

Эмилия писал(а):way is guarantee of success.
is a guarantee of success или guarantees success

Эмилия писал(а):I would like to recommend everyone to focus attention
their attention

Эмилия, очень достойная работа!

-2 балла за грамматику

ИТОГ: 12/14

Книга «Секреты Эссе» поможет Вам значительно улучшить навык написания эссе для ЕГЭ.

Если Вам нужно выполнить задание, но сами Вы делать ничего не хотите, то смотрите форум платная помощь.
English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение whisperr » 10.10.2014, 12:22

Many people think that learning foreign languages is a waste of time and money, but others have the opposite point of view. Let us start by considering pros and cons of it.
We live in a world of fierce competition, it is important for young people to get well-prepared for the challenges of the future. It is generally agreed today that good knowledge of foreign languages provides a lot of opportunities, for example, to be claimed by employers. Another great thing about learning foreign languages is that you can always be aware of the latest political and economic news quicker than others. Besides, many experts are convinced that one's memory is improved in the studying process.
One should, nevertheless, consider the problem from another angle. It would be unfair not to mention the fact that private lessons outside of school are rather expensive while only a small number of educational institutions are able to guarantee students really deep knowledge of grammar and vocabulary of a foreign language. Moreover, it is undeniable that extra classes usually require much free time.
However, I am still confident in the use of learning languages. It is worth to spend money and time now, but to become successful in the future and receive everything back.
All in all, the knowledge of foreign languages could be very useful in different ways. I have expressed my opinion, but tastes differ, and everyone is up to decide by himself.

Проверьте, пожалуйста. :smile:
whisperr
Новичок
Новичок
С нами: 2 года 7 месяцев

Сообщение English Guru » 17.10.2014, 00:08

whisperr писал(а):of school are rather expensive while only a small number of educational institutions
Запятая перед while

whisperr писал(а):It is worth to spend
spending (грубая ошибка)

whisperr писал(а):by himself
by his- or herself / themselves

Максимальный балл. Достаточно чистая работа и по смыслу хорошая, отлично!

English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Some people think that learning foreign languages is a waste of time and money.

Сообщение Миляуша » 08.07.2015, 11:46

Nowadays, modern world become more and more busy. Many people concentrate just on making money. There is an opinion that learning foreign languages is a waste of time and money. Is it true statement or not?
First of all, I’ d like to say that in spite of being busy, knowing foreign languages is appreciated by modern people, because international relationships become closer than earlier and it’s important to know different languages and cultures.
The other point is that, today travelling distributed worldwide. People like waste their time and money learning new cultures and entertaining abroad. There for knowing foreign languages may be necessary.
But other people say that it is easier to use dictionary or translator during the trip. They believe that time wasted on learning foreign languages may be used more sensible. 145
I can not be agree with this statement, because in my opinion learning foreign languages improve our social skills. I suppose that people knowing foreign languages become more social, easy-going and self-confident.
To sum up, I would like to add that in spite of opposite opinion, I still believe that learning foreign languages is interesting and good way for self improvement.
205 слов.
Миляуша
Новичок
Новичок
С нами: 1 год 10 месяцев

Info

Вернуться в Эссе по английскому языку: ЕГЭ C2