Ororo.tv
книга Секреты Эссе
Author24

Эссе "The growth of cities is harmful for the environment"

Английский форум Помощь Бесплатная подготовка к ОГЭ и ЕГЭ Эссе по английскому языку: ЕГЭ C2

Описание: Сочинения по английскому языку, написанные нашими пользователями и проверенные нашими преподавателями. Ниже представлен список тем эссе по английскому языку для ЕГЭ. Примеры своих работ добавляйте в соответствующий раздел.
Модератор: karina_mia

Сообщение gohawks » 31.05.2014, 18:46

Nowadays the number of big cities is increasing greatly. With the growth of cities comes the huge amount of factories and fabrics which can't be good for the environment. Let's look upon this problem objectively.
In my opinion, the growth of cities is really harmful for our planet. First of all, industrial companies pollute the air, spoil the ground and make the water in lakes and rivers dirty. Secondly, the growth of indusrty leads to the situation when animals and people can't breathe the dirty air and fish can't live in the poisoned water. In other words, it makes humans' health worse and animals' lives almost impossible.
However, every cloud has a silver lining. Factories and fabrics create a great number of job opportunities for jobless people which is really important nowadays in the capitalistic society we live in. Moreover, plants make the products which our country exports into another countries. This helps its economy.
Anyway, I personally don't think that any money can be an excuse of animal extinction or people's deaths. Happiness and health can't be bought.
In conclusion I'd like to say that the planet Earth is a system of the connected organisms, and there's no way humans play the leading role in it, nobody does because to make this system work right people and nature should respect each other. That's why despite the growth of cities we have to love nature and keep our planet in safety.
gohawks
Новичок
Новичок
С нами: 2 года 10 месяцев

Info

Сообщение English Guru » 01.06.2014, 14:25

gohawks писал(а):and fabrics
plants, fabric - материал

gohawks писал(а):can't
gohawks писал(а):I'd
cannot - в эссе нельзя сокращать
I would like
И другие сокращения у Вас есть, уберите!

gohawks писал(а):jobless people
unemployed

gohawks писал(а):can be an excuse of a
excuse for - http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/excuse_2

gohawks писал(а):is a system of the connected organisms
артикль the необязательно

gohawks писал(а):That's why despite the growth of cities we
Запятые и сокращение. That is why, despite the growth of cities, we - так как это вводные конструкции

gohawks, достойное сочинение!

-2 балла за лексику
-1 балл за сокращения

Итог: 11/14
Лучшая благодарность за помощь — рассказать о нас в социальных сетях!

Книга «Секреты Эссе» поможет Вам значительно улучшить навык написания эссе для ЕГЭ.

Если Вам нужно выполнить задание, но сами Вы делать ничего не хотите, то смотрите форум платная помощь.
English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Достижения: 1
Наставник (1)
С нами: 4 года 1 месяц

Сообщение IrinaLos » 05.02.2015, 17:20

Nowadays there are a lot of environmental problems. Many people are convinced that the growth of cities may lead to such problems too. I agree with these people.
I am sure that big cities are dangerous for the environment. First of all, the more big cities we have the more polluted air we breathe. In other words, there are a lot of cars that pollute the air in megacities with exhaust gases. Secondly, such cities need more energy. For example, it is very harmful for nature when people produce electricity at thermal power plants, which use coal.
On the other hand, there is an opinion that big cities are becoming more and more environmental friendly. Urban dwellers have started to drive electric cars, power plants use more solar and wind energy to get electricity.
It makes sense, but the number of such cities is too small. Most of them are still dangerous for nature. Besides, many cities can not become environmental friendly even if they want to because it is too expensive. For example, it is easier and cheaper to get the electricity from coal than to use solar energy.
Despite other people`s opinion, I am still convinced that the growth of cities may lead to the environmental problems because of air pollution, the need for energy and the difficulty in reducing the consumption of electricity and fuel in many cities
IrinaLos
Участник
Участник
Графоман ур.10 (1)
С нами: 2 года 2 месяца

Сообщение English Guru » 05.02.2015, 23:52

IrinaLos писал(а):power plants, which use coal.
запятая не нужна

IrinaLos писал(а):environmental friendly.
Environmentally friendly = environment-friendly = eco-friendly = nature-friendly

IrinaLos, вот это сочинение мне очень понравилось :dance: 14/14

Книга «Секреты Эссе» поможет Вам значительно улучшить навык написания эссе для ЕГЭ.

Если Вам нужно выполнить задание, но сами Вы делать ничего не хотите, то смотрите форум платная помощь.
English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение IrinaLos » 06.02.2015, 16:50

English Guru, спасибо большое! Приму к сведению Ваши рекомендации. Насчет "actual problem" : я писала все эти эссе в начале года и поэтому там бывают сходные ошибки :(
Буду работать над этим!)
IrinaLos
Участник
Участник
Графоман ур.10 (1)

Сообщение Ильмира » 05.04.2015, 20:38

There is an opinion that cities influence the environment in a negative way. However, some people think that the growth of cities has a lot of advantages for people. I believe that the first point of view is right. I would like to explain my position.

In my opinion, the growth of cities has bad effects on the environment. First of all, it destroys the nature. People cut a lot of trees to build cities and towns. Different animals which live in forests lose their home. Most of them are killed. Secondly, factories in cities pollute the air, throwing harmful elements. It influences people's health in a negative way.

On the other hand, some people say that cities are not very harmful for the environment; however, they have a lot of advantages. For example, the growth of cities develops country's economy.

I strongly disagree with this view. The nature gives people all nessesary resources, so pollution, destruction of the nature makes people lose all these resources and reduces their development.

To sum up, there are different points of view on this problem. Despite other people's opinion I still believe that cities are harmful for the nature and people. Their growth pollutes and destroys the environment and makes people unhealthy.

(209 слов)
Ильмира
Активный участник
Активный участник

Сообщение English Guru » 14.04.2015, 14:22

Ильмира писал(а):the growth of cities
Ильмира писал(а):In my opinion, the growth of cities
Учитесь перефразировать, почитайте другие эссе, расположенные в этой теме.

А вообще, у Вас отличный пример короткого (но достаточного) эссе, где Вы не успели наделать ошибок :wink:

14/14

English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение Ильмира » 17.04.2015, 13:09

Спасибо! А я нашла ошибку в слове "nessesary". Нужно было necessary.
Ильмира
Активный участник
Активный участник

Сообщение English Guru » 17.04.2015, 15:47

Верно, я сначала не заметил. Допускается до 4 ошибок на орфографию и пунктуацию без снижения баллов.

English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

The growth of cities is harmful for the environment

Сообщение olya98 » 31.05.2015, 17:42

Здравствуйте! Проверьте, пожалуйста, моё эссе.
Nowadays we can observe the tendency of creeping urbanization. Our life becomes more interesting and active. But some people think that the growth of cities has many disadvantages. Particularly it refers to ecological situation in cities. Let us discuss this controversal question.
As for me, people have got many opportunities because of the rapid process of urbanization. Firstly, there are more job vacancies in big cities. Secondly, the majority of universities is situated in cities. At last, city proposes many ways to spend weekends with fun.
On tne other hand, we will not see any plants in the countryside. That is why city dwellers especially appreciate in countries such things as clean air, thick grass and clear sky. Almost all the factories are being built in big cities. As a result, citizens earn dangerous diseases connecting with the breathing system. Moreover, people use huge natural resources to build cities and factories. They cut down trees, reduce populations of animals and plants because their home is constantly destroying.
But still I am sure that mankind will not do without cities. Big towns help us to lead the technological progress and so make our life more comfortable. However, I agree that we cannot live at the expence of nature.
To sum up, I want to say we should be in a dialog with nature. Except building cities people should take care of creating waste-free technologies and keeping natural resources.
(230 words)
Заранее спасибо!
olya98
Новичок
Новичок
С нами: 1 год 10 месяцев

Сообщение Proofreader » 11.06.2015, 21:24

olya98 писал(а):articularly it refers to ecological situation in cities.
I am referring various ecological situations in particular.

olya98 писал(а):Let us discuss this controversal question.
controversial

olya98 писал(а):As for me, people have got many opportunities because of the rapid process of urbanization.
Like myself, people are given many opportunities because of the rapid process of urbanization.

olya98 писал(а):Firstly, there are more job vacancies in big cities.
First

olya98 писал(а):Secondly, the majority of universities is situated in cities.
Second, the majority of universities are situated in big cities.

olya98 писал(а):At last, city proposes many ways to spend weekends with fun.
Last, cities provide many fun ways that people can spend their weekends.

olya98 писал(а):On tne other hand, we will not see any plants in the countryside.
On the other hand, trees and plants are rapidly declining in cities.

olya98 писал(а):That is why city dwellers especially appreciate in countries such things as clean air, thick grass and clear sky.
City dwellers have gained much appreciation for things such as clean air, thick grass and a clear sky. This is abundant in the country.

olya98 писал(а):As a result, citizens earn dangerous diseases connecting with the breathing system.
As a result, citizens acquire breathing problems and various pulmonary diseases.

olya98 писал(а):They cut down trees, reduce populations of animals and plants because their home is constantly destroying.
reducing plant and animal populations because their homes are being destroyed.

olya98 писал(а):But still I am sure that mankind will not do without cities
I am still sure that man will not do without cities.

olya98 писал(а):Big towns help us to lead the technological progress and so make our life more comfortable.
Big towns help us gain technological progress, enabling us to have more comfortable lives.

olya98 писал(а):However, I agree that we cannot live at the expence of nature.
expense

olya98 писал(а):Except building cities people should take care of creating waste-free technologies and keeping natural resources.

Except in the case of building cities, people should work at creating waste-free technology and maintain natural resources.
Your donations help to make it happen.
Proofreader
Native Speaker
Native Speaker
Аватара
С нами: 1 год 11 месяцев

Сообщение xkrmtkx » 17.10.2016, 12:08

Nowadays industrialization of cities is eliminated our nature year by year. Many people are fascinated by these technologies, but some of them are concerned about technological harm for environment. Let us consider pros and cons of it.
In my opinion, this development of the cities is dangerous for our environment. Firstly, it eliminates our nature, building a lot of cities. Secondly, many factories are making the toxic wastes every day, creating chemicals pollution everywhere. And last and main problem is an air pollution by emissions which they have done. Many people suffer from different diseases like tuberculosis, asthma and pneumonia.
But many people have a different point of view. They consider that it is comfortable for them, living in the big cities. The growth of cities has also some advantages. For example, these factories get jobs for many people and make a lot of useful products, which our country exports into another country. This process of exporting between different countries develops and helps the worldwide economy.
I can understand that the growth of cities is useful for human’s development. But I do not admit eliminating of human’s health and nature. People should look after them and create protecting companies for our environment.
All in all, the problem of cities’ growth and their pollution of our environment is not decided yet. If we don’t find a decision for it, there will be more problems that we have now. That is why, it should be on the first place in human’s life.
xkrmtkx
Новичок
Новичок
С нами: 6 месяцев 7 дней

Info

Вернуться в Эссе по английскому языку: ЕГЭ C2