Ororo.tv
книга Секреты Эссе
Author24

не сочтите за труд

Английский форум Основной форум Форум переводчиков

Описание: Форум для обсуждения перевода с английского языка на русский и наоборот. Поможем перевести слова, выполним редакторскую правку и вместе выберем лучший вариант литературного перевода.
Модератор: karina_mia

Сообщение oleg » 29.08.2020, 12:36

чтобы это значило:
I was being treated to a glimpse of a future that was hungry to be born.
oleg

Info

перевод

Сообщение EnKa » 29.08.2020, 20:53

Перевод от любителя, пока никого нет)
- "Меня выбирали для того, чтобы взглянуть в будущее, не терпящее стать настоящим."
EnKa

Сообщение oleg » 29.08.2020, 22:45

У меня вот такой вариант есть:
Меня готовили к тому, чтобы заглянуть в будущее, которое так жаждало родиться.
А как правильно, вот в чем вопрос

[size=85][color=gray]Добавлено спустя 13 минут 57 секунд:[/color][/size]
перевод нужен максимально близко к оригиналу.
вот контекст на всякий случай. Его не надо переводить.
Тупик только с указанной выше фразой.

The raw sky was indeed solid: so substantial that it was able to open a colossal bulging eye that had been peering through a slit I’d taken for a gap in clouds. It was more than an eye, that pupilless gibbous protrusion, for it stretched down from its socket to fasten on its prey. By the time it reached him, the tip was no more than a scrawny pointed tendril that thrust deep into his skull. I saw him jerk in a helpless dance, flailing all his limbs, as it drained him of whatever it craved. When the tendril withdrew into the mass that occupied the sky miles overhead, he was no more than a withered remnant that pranced away through the devastated streets, giggling in a shrill voice that no longer even sounded human. The noise was almost blotted out by another: a rumbling that might have been the preamble to an earthquake. In a moment I recognised it as a monstrous chuckling, a gargantuan utterance of satisfaction after feeding. It was so gigantic that it seemed to swell past definition, so that it might have come from many mouths or from a single unimaginable orifice.
The spectacle appalled me so much that I couldn’t keep my eyes shut. The room was brighter now, and there was no face beside me on the pillow, just a crumpled patch of the pillowcase that I dared to rub smooth with my forearm. I lay watching more light gather in the room, and tried to get ready for the day—to maintain my pretence that everything was normal, even banal. In time, when I’d gone through another series of desperately prayerful nights without suffering another visit, I managed to persuade myself that the incident had been wholly a dream brought on by thoughts of Mr Norris. As for the ruined streets, of course they were based on the wasteland beyond the Grafton. Just a nightmare, I managed to think, but now I know better, that ironic word. I was being treated to a glimpse of a future that was hungry to be born.
oleg

Info

Название форума: Форум переводчиков
Описание: Форум для обсуждения перевода с английского языка на русский и наоборот. Поможем перевести слова, выполним редакторскую правку и вместе выберем лучший вариант литературного перевода.

Быстрый ответ

Этот вопрос предназначен для предотвращения автоматической отправки форм спам-ботами.

Вернуться в Форум переводчиков