Ororo.tv
книга Секреты Эссе
Author24

Сочинение Why do people lie - Почему люди лгут

Английский форум Помощь Топики и сочинения на английском

Описание: На этом форуме мы публикуем, обсуждаем и проверяем Ваши письменные работы на английском языке по школьной или университетской программе, которые не имеют отношение к каким-нибудь экзаменам.
Модератор: karina_mia

Сообщение Marc » 27.08.2015, 13:35

People usually lie for their profit. Or they want to change someone’s opinion of them. When people lie, they think only about themselves. And, unfortunately, most people are that selfish.

Still, lies can be good. For example, when a man is very sick and he’s dying, you’d better tell him that he’ll recover soon, making him happy. The man will feel better; he will die anyway but without fear. There is another situation when lies can’t do any harm. Imagine that you sell vegetables telling everyone that you have grown them on your own. But you have not. The vegetables were grown by your sister. Such lies can’t be bad.

My mother says lying is bad. If people lie, they try to hide their own weaknesses and if they do it often, they get used to it and can’t stop lying. But in some life situations lying can be good. If a person’s health condition is close to death and doctors don’t tell the whole truth, this person can be able to find enough strength to survive.

Fear is the main reason for people’s lying. Everyone lies because all of us have secrets and we want to keep them hidden as long as possible. But a liar must understand that lies always become uncovered. My mother doesn’t believe in “white lies” or “lying for good” just try to protect ourselves.

Some people lie when they have hopeless situations or inconsolable grief. Others lie when they are afraid of something or someone. When a child breaks mum’s favourite cup, he won’t tell the truth because of the fear that mother or father will punish him and so he begins to lie. And the third lie protecting another person as they don’t want to offend him or her. Not every truth is nice to hear, you know! But if you tell lies on several occasions and are caught, people won’t trust you anymore. So, remember: don’t lie if you want to have friends.

There are a lot of situations in the world when people tell lies. Sometimes they just don’t have any other choice; sometimes they don’t want anybody to know the truth; and sometimes they lie to help or do something good for others, telling so called “white lies”. I think if people are skilful liars, there lies go undetected. But there are few of them. The art of lying demands perfect skills.
I think it is natural for people to lie. As usual we lie when we want to show that we are better than we really are, when we want to hide our failures, mistakes, misconduct or feelings. Sometimes lies penetrate into our mind becoming our second “I”. Then we realise that it is not so bad as it seems. So, we believe we can solve any problem. But it’s a mistake. It is a mirage. Being caught, we may lose everything (even friends and relatives).

In many world religions lies or deceptions are a sin.

That is why it’s not necessary to talk about nonmaterial benefits. There are many cases when lies give hope to people and make them struggle for their lives in dramatic situations.

To my mind, it is not difficult to reveal lies if you have eyes, ears and a nose. The lie can be seen, heard, felt and even smelt. I mean the language of the body. No matter how hard we try to hide the truth, our body will betray us giving the right prompt to the opponent whether we tell the truth or the lie.

People lie because they want to make their life easier. The truth is such a pleasant thing, it can be bitter while lies are always sweet. But to live in the world full of lies is hard. What can I say? Of course, you shouldn’t lie because the truth has a strange ability to emerge onto the surface sooner or later. And to restore your reputation will be very problematic then. But everything has got an exception. I mean white lies. It is very difficult to say who is lying and who is not. The answer depends on a person and his behaviour.
Marc M
Активный участник
Активный участник
Аватара
С нами: 4 года 6 месяцев

Info

Сообщение Cherry » 28.08.2015, 12:50

Интересно написано. к сожалению, так много людей врет, что это уже вошло в привычку.
Cherry
Активный участник
Активный участник
Аватара
С нами: 2 года 1 месяц

Info

Название форума: Топики и сочинения на английском
Описание: На этом форуме мы публикуем, обсуждаем и проверяем Ваши письменные работы на английском языке по школьной или университетской программе, которые не имеют отношение к каким-нибудь экзаменам.

Быстрый ответ

Этот вопрос предназначен для предотвращения автоматической отправки форм спам-ботами.

Вернуться в Топики и сочинения на английском