English cuisine, native to England, is shaped by the temperate climate, geography and history of the country. Apart from the traditional food that is made with local ingredients, English cuisine consists of ingredients imported from other countries as well, like North America, China and India. The traditional food of the country is flavored strongly. The flavor of the recipes has also been influenced by post-war immigration.
Bangers and Mash (pork or beef sausages, served with mashed potatoes) is a well-known traditional English recipe. People in the country also relish on a mouthwatering dish made from the vegetables of the leftover roast dinner, called Bubble and Squeak (served with cold meat and pickles). Cauliflower cheese is another English main course dish, made with boiled pieces of cauliflower and covered with a layer of milk-based cheese sauce and cheddar. Grated cheese, mixed with bread crumbs, is used as toppings for the dish.
The traditional English dinner for Sunday is popularly known as the Sunday Roast. It typically consists of roasted beef, lamb or chicken, roasted potatoes and vegetables. The meal is served with gravy and Yorkshire pudding. The hearty and sumptuous English breakfast generally consists of bacon, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, half a tomato and scrambled eggs, although the key ingredients may vary from region to region.
1. Which factors influenced English cuisine?
2. What do you know about “Cauliflower cheese”?
3. What do English usually have for Sunday dinner?
4. Which ingredients does English cuisine consist of?
2. Выпишите из текста наречия частоты повторяемости действия и наречия, характеризующие поведение и манеры.
3. Перепишите последний абзац текста так, чтобы все глаголы в нем имели будущее время.
4. Поставьте слова в правильном порядке, чтобы получились предложения:
1. you/ Would/ to/ for/ a drink/ like/ go?
2. that/ like/ discuss/ He/ to/ wouldn`t
3. extra/ have to/ English/ like/ would/ I/ classes
4. eat/ to/ like/ you/ would/ What ?