задания:подчеркните ing-форму являющуюся герундием одной чертой и являющуюся причастием двумя чертами
Terrorism has been a global problem for airlines for decades. However, although security at airports has always been tight, the 9/11 attacks made it clear that new measures were necessary. As a result, many new security procedures have been put into place. A good rule is to plan ahead and prepare for the strictest security policies. Common sense and wise planning are the keys to a successful trip.
One of the most important security measures at an airport is confirming the identity of travellers. This is done by checking a photo ID, such as a driver's license. If you are travelling internationally, you need to present your passport. Simply taking a look at a photo ID isn't enough, however. The high-tech buzzword in airport security today is biometrics. Biometrics essentially means checking fingerprints, retinal scans, and facial patterns using complex computer systems to determine, if someone is who they say they are — or if they match a list of people the government has determined might be potential terrorists.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind for passing carry-on security screening:
1) Check with your air carrier for specific check-in times if you are a carry-on traveller. Remember screening lines will be longer during peak travel time and Holidays.
2) Prepare for security screening, not just your carry-on items but your check-in luggage and your person as well.
3) Be ready to answer any questions and do not accept items from strangers. Keep your luggage and personal belongings with you at all time.
4) Any metal item (buttons, zippers, hair accessories, etc.) can set off metal detectors. You can minimize screening time by reducing the number of these items on your person.
5) You should carry proper identity to indicate any medical metal implants.
6) Shoes can trigger alarms. You may be asked to remove your shoes.
7) Be prepared to open and activate carry-on electronic items such as: laptops, cameras, cell phones, etc.
8) Avoid further delay by waiting to lock carry-on luggage until you've passed through screening areas. Any wrapped packages may be searched, so wait to wrap any gifts or, if possible, pack such items in check-in luggage.
9) Avoid additional scrutiny by not carrying prohibited items, such as all cutting and puncturing items, flammable liquids and containers under pressure such as aerosols, matches and lighters, toy weapons, etc.
All rules and practices regarding security, carry-ons, and other airline/airport practices are subject to change without notice, so it is best to call your airline or check with the airport just before the departure for the latest updates.
2) 1) We tried to speak to him, but he did not want to listen to us. He did not even look at us and did not answer our questions.2) Your brother complains about you. He says you always laugh at him, never speak to him and never answer his questions.3) When I entered the room, everybody looked at me with surprise: they had not expected for me.4) At the end of the street she turned the corner, walked to the bus stop and began waiting for the bus.5) My mother is afraid of rats.6)”What do you complain of?” asked the doctor.7) Don’t enter the room.8) What are you laughing at? 9) They did not want to listen to me.10) Wait for me. I’ll be back in a few minutes. 11) Yesterday the teacher spoke to us about the architecture of St. Petersburg.12) My grandmother often complains of headache. 13) I am sorry, I cannot speak to you now, the professor is waiting for me. I must go to the institute and explain to him some details of our work. Come in the evening, I shall listen to you very attentively and answer all your questions.14) Turn the corner of the house and look at the flowers grown by my mother: aren’t they beautiful? 15) He was an excellent pupil, and the teachers never complained about him.16) She complained of feeling bad and could not answer the questions of the teacher.17) At nine o’clock the lecturer entered the hall, walked up to the table, put his bag on it, looked at everybody and began his lecture. The lecture, as all the lectures of this professor, was very interesting, and the students listened to him with great attention.