Ororo.tv
книга Секреты Эссе
Author24

Сделать задание по английскому языку онлайн

Английский форум Помощь Срочная помощь по английскому языку

Описание: Поможем с английским языком. В первую очередь помогаем тем, кто просит проверить задание, которое было выполнено самостоятельно. Отвечаем на вопросы, консультируем. Помощь с английским оказывается бесплатно.
Модератор: karina_mia

Сообщение Yui » 16.12.2013, 21:29

Спасибо большое.
Yui

Info

Сообщение ольга123456789 » 16.12.2013, 22:29

Correct the mistakes, if any.

27.My watch has been mended yesterday. 28. Listen to the radio. What is broadcast? 29. Where sells bread? 30. The clothes were not washed yet. 31. The TV will have mended by Friday. 32. No dress can mend so fast, even by Mother. 33. Everything should to be done very fast. 34. This soup was made by fresh tomatoes. 35. I’ll complain if the furniture won’t be delivered by Saturday. 36. The pupil was said to fetch some chalk but he didn’t obey. 37. I have my hair cut tomorrow. 38. The exhibition attended several important are critics. 39. The review wasn’t published yet. 40. Could you wait a bit? Your dress is ironed. 41. Was it true that the car was repaired when they arrived? 42. My watch was still mended when I called again. 43. Everybody must have questioned by that time. It was late. 44. He was seen cross the street. 45. She is expected to win a scholarship. 46. He is thought to be handsome in his youth. 47. If you want to clean your carpets, take them to the cleaner’s. 48. I have usually cut my hair at the hairdresser’s. 49. The firm is told to have gone bankrupt. 50 Jane paints her nails at the nearest hairdresser’s. 51. Coffee is spoken to originate from Kaffa. 52. When will you fill your teeth?

IV. Insert passive forms of suitable verbs.

53. When the test is over, all the papers must ____ in. 54. Our car is in the garage, but we can’t drive it, it ____ yet. 55. Everybody is waiting, the results of the exam ____ soon. 56. By the time Mother came, the house ____ thoroughly. 57. Last week a five-day strike ____ by postmen. 58. The new shopping centre _____ next week. 59. The escaped prisoner _____ so far. 60. The ship sank but the crew ____ by the rescue party. 61. Her parents have a car, and she ____ to school every day. 62. The salad tasted delicious because it _____ with fresh cream. 63. They brought a family album, and I ____ some amusing pictures. 64. There was nobody in, and Mother wondered who the mess _____ by. 65. The teacher said all the tests _____ by the next day. 66. Such jam ____ from oranges. 67. Look at the untidy lawn, the grass ____ yet. 68. The thieves _____ to have left the country. 69. The newspapers said some precious jewelry _____ from the bank. 70. The robbery is believed to ____ by at least two men. 71. Most people like _____ presents. 72. Hot water _____ by the hotel 24 hours a day.
ольга123456789

Сообщение English Guru » 17.12.2013, 14:47

ольга123456789, Сегодня вечером у меня будет время, норм по срокам?
Лучшая благодарность за помощь — рассказать о нас в социальных сетях!

Книга «Секреты Эссе» поможет Вам значительно улучшить навык написания эссе для ЕГЭ.

Если Вам нужно выполнить задание, но сами Вы делать ничего не хотите, то смотрите форум платная помощь.
English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Достижения: 1
Наставник (1)
С нами: 4 года

Сообщение Катя » 17.12.2013, 15:00

Помогите пожалуйста к следующему предложению задать все типы вопросов.
Most economists agree that three things are essential for economic growth to occur: capital growth, saving and technological progress.
General q-n
Special q-n
Alternative q-n
Disjunctive q-n
Катя

Сообщение English Guru » 17.12.2013, 16:14

1) Do most economists agree that three things are essential for economic growth to occur: capital growth, saving and technological
progress?
2) According to most economists, what are the tree things that are essential for economic growth to occur?
3) Do most economists agree that three or two things are essential for economic growth to occur?
4) Most economists agree that three things are essential for economic growth to occur: capital growth, saving and technological
progress, don't they?

Книга «Секреты Эссе» поможет Вам значительно улучшить навык написания эссе для ЕГЭ.

Если Вам нужно выполнить задание, но сами Вы делать ничего не хотите, то смотрите форум платная помощь.
English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение Катя » 17.12.2013, 17:09

Большое спасибо)))))))))))))
Катя

Сообщение ольга123456789 » 17.12.2013, 23:10

да, буду очень благодарна
ольга123456789

Сообщение English Guru » 18.12.2013, 03:49

ольга123456789,

27.My watch was mended yesterday. 28. Listen to the radio. What is being broadcast? 29. Where is bread sold? 30. The clothes were not washed yet. 31. The TV will have been mended by Friday. 32. No dress can be mended so fast, even by Mother. 33. Everything should to be done very fast. 34. This soup was made with fresh tomatoes. 35. I’ll complain if the furniture is not delivered by Saturday. 36. The pupil was told to fetch some chalk but he didn’t obey. 37. I have my hair cut tomorrow. 38. The exhibition was attended by several important critics. 39. The review has not been published yet. 40. Could you wait a bit? Your dress is being ironed. 41. Was it true that the car had been repaired when they arrived? 42. My watch was still being mended when I called again. 43. Everybody must have been questioned by that time. It was late. 44. He was seen to cross the street. 45. She is expected to win a scholarship. 46. He is thought to have been handsome in his youth. 47. If you want to clean your carpets, take them to the cleaner’s. 48. I usually cut my hair at the hairdresser’s. 49. The firm is told to have gone bankrupt. 50 Jane paints her nails at the nearest hairdresser’s. 51. Coffee is spoken to originate from Kaffa. 52. When will you fill your teeth?

IV. Insert passive forms of suitable verbs.

53. When the test is over, all the papers must be handed in. 54. Our car is in the garage, but we can’t drive it, it has not been mended yet. 55. Everybody is waiting, the results of the exam will be known soon. 56. By the time Mother came, the house had been robbed thoroughly. 57. Last week a five-day strike was started by postmen. 58. The new shopping centre will be opened next week. 59. The escaped prisoner has not been found so far. 60. The ship sank but the crew were saved by the rescue party. 61. Her parents have a car, and she is driven to school every day. 62. The salad tasted delicious because it was dressed with fresh cream. 63. They brought a family album, and I was shown some amusing pictures. 64. There was nobody in, and Mother wondered who the mess had been made by. 65. The teacher said all the tests will have been checked by the next day. 66. Such jam is made from oranges. 67. Look at the untidy lawn, the grass has not been cut yet. 68. The thieves are thought to have left the country. 69. The newspapers said some precious jewelry had been stolen from the bank. 70. The robbery is believed to be organized by at least two men. 71. Most people like to be given presents. 72. Hot water is provided by the hotel 24 hours a day.

English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение Даша » 18.12.2013, 15:32

Помогите, пожалуйста:Поставьте следующие предложения в вопросительную и отрицательную форму:1.This is a flat 2 The sofa is blue 3 My kitchen is good 4 The spoon is in the cup 5 Pete is in the room 6 This flat is good 7 Mike is a student 8 The pencil is red 9 Ann is a student 10 My flat is large 11 It is a two-room flat 12 The tea-pot is in the kitchen

Заполните пропуски предлогами:

1 The engineers...this office work every day 2 We begin our work...9 oclock...the morning 3 Our children sit down and put their books....the table 4 Nick,dont take your books...the shelf 5 My son goes...school...8 oclok 6 Does Mike work...room 40? 7 I go...the Ministry...Foreign Trade ...8oclock 8 Take my watch...the table and look...it/Tell me the time 9 My wife and my children get up...9 oclock...sunday 10 .........breakfast my wife takes our son...the nursery school and goes...the factory 11 Take the letter...my bag and put it ..the desk 12 Dont go .......that room 13 Jane take the book...the shelf and come up...me 14 Where is my spoon?Its....your cup 15.......breakfast we eat cheese bread and butter and drink tea 16 Tell me... the engineers......your office

Поставьте вопросы к словам:

Blue/good/in their room/Ann and Pete/a flat/a small/black pencils/brown/my/twelve oclock/my sons

Поставьте слудующие предложения в вопросительную и отрицательную формы:1These engineers work at the Ministry 2 Our lesson begins at 8 oclock 3 Mike gets up at 7 oclock 4 Our friends take their child to the nurserly school 5 Jane goes to school every day 6 She cooks breakfast in the morning 7 We eat eggs and ham at breakfast 8 Jane drinks milk every morning 9 He comes home earlt on Saturday

Составьте, употребив следующие слова:

А)вОПРОСИТЕЛЬНЫЕ И ОТРИЦАТЕЛЬНЫЕ ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЯ:

a flat/a kitchen/a bathroom/this/that/good/large/a sofa/red/blue/a table/a tea-pot/a car

В)ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЯ В ПОВЕЛИТЕЛЬНОМ НАКЛОНЕНИИ:

to take/to give/to go/to find/to open/to close

Заранее благодарна за помощь, очень много задали заданий, разрываюсь, совсем не хватает времени на это задание, помогите, пожалуйста

[size=85][color=gray]Добавлено спустя 10 минут 50 секунд:[/color][/size]
И еще один вопрос, какой предлог необходимо вставить в пропуск?Is Mr.Orlov....the lesson now?
Даша

Сообщение English Guru » 18.12.2013, 16:13

Даша, сроки какие? Не уверен, что сегодня успею.

English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение Даша » 19.12.2013, 15:56

В конце недели нужно сдать)Спасибо, что помогаешь)
Даша

Сообщение English Guru » 20.12.2013, 01:38

Даша,

I.

1.This is a flat. Is this a flat? This isn't a flat.
2 The sofa is blue. Is the sofa blue? The sofa isn't blue.
3 My kitchen is good. Is my kitchen good? My kitchen isn't good.
4 The spoon is in the cup/ Is the spoon in the cup? The spoon isn't in the cup.
5 Pete is in the room. Is Pete in the room? Pete isn't in the room.
6 This flat is good. Is this flat good? This flat isn't good.
7 Mike is a student. Is Mike a student? Mike isn't a student.
8 The pencil is red. Is the pencil red? The pencil isn't red.
9 Ann is a student. Is Ann a student? Ann isn't a student.
10 My flat is large. Is my flat large? My flat isn't large.
11 It is a two-room flat. Is it a two-room flat? It isn't a two-room flat.
12 The tea-pot is in the kitchen. Is tea-pot in the kitchen? The tea-pot isn't in the kitchen.

II.

1 The engineers at this office work every day 2 We begin our work at 9 oclock in the morning 3 Our children sit down and put their books on the table 4 Nick,dont take your books from the shelf 5 My son goes to school at 8 oclok 6 Does Mike work in room 40? 7 I go to the Ministry of Foreign Trade at 8oclock 8 Take my watch on the table and look at it/Tell me the time 9 My wife and my children get up at 9 oclock on sunday 10 At breakfast my wife takes our son to the nursery school and goes to the factory 11 Take the letter from my bag and put it on the desk 12 Dont go to that room 13 Jane take the book on the shelf and come up to me 14 Where is my spoon?Its in your cup 15 At breakfast we eat cheese bread and butter and drink tea 16 Tell me about the engineers at your office

III.

Is the sofa blue?
Is my kitchen good?
Where is Pete?
What is good?
Дальше не понял, откуда брать исходный текст.

IV.
1These engineers work at the Ministry. Do these engineers work at the Ministry? These engineers don't work at the Ministry.
2 Our lesson begins at 8 oclock. Does our lesson begin at 8 oclock? Our lesson doesn't begin at 8 oclock.
3 Mike gets up at 7 oclock. Does Mike get up at 7 oclock? Mike doesn't get up at 7 oclock.
4 Our friends take their child to the nurserly school. Do our friends take their child to the nurserly school? Our friends don't take their child to the nurserly school.
5 Jane goes to school every day. Does Jane go to school every day? Jane doesn't go to school every day.
6 She cooks breakfast in the morning. Does she cook breakfast in the morning? She doesn't cook breakfast in the morning.
7 We eat eggs and ham at breakfast. Do we eat eggs and ham at breakfast? We don't eat eggs and ham at breakfast.
8 Jane drinks milk every morning. Does Jane drink milk every morning? Jane doesn't drink milk every morning.
9 He comes home early on Saturday. Does he come home early on Saturday? He doesn't come home early on Saturday.

Повелительное налонение:

Take me to the party!
Give me a pencil.
Go forward!
Find the exit yourself.
Open the door, please.
Close the window.

Всё, что успел.

English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение Даша » 20.12.2013, 11:24

Ой, спасибо, спасибо огромное!!!!!!))))

[size=85][color=gray]Добавлено спустя 6 часов 24 минуты 34 секунды:[/color][/size]
Добрый вечер, помогите пожалуйста с заданием:
Заполните пропуски соответсвующей формой глагола to be:
1 Where....your students?
2 These men.......not bad engineers.
3 I......not an engineers.
4 who....they?
5 what colour...the desk at your office?
6 Where...the telexes?
Заранее спасибо за ответ)
Даша

ПОМОГИТЕ СРОЧНО С АРТИКЛЯМИ

Сообщение ЛЕСЯ » 26.12.2013, 08:06

Артикль (The Article)
1. Вставьте необходимый артикль:
1. These .…. flowers arc beautiful.
2. ….. textbook is in ….. bag.
3. I live in ….. Kirov Street.
4. We have ….. two exams.
5. My parents are .…. engineers.
6. Where is ….. book?
7. Meet ….. engineers from ….. Moscow.
8. Here are ….. your books.
9. ..... Mr Black will come at five.
10. ….. Thames is ….. river.
11. He told me ….. way to ….. theatre.
ЛЕСЯ

Сообщение English Guru » 26.12.2013, 22:44

Леся, в другой теме, которую вы создали, я вам все написал!

English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение ольга123456789 » 03.01.2014, 11:45

Спасибо большое!!!
ольга123456789

помогите пожалуйста..очень срочно нужна ваша помощь

Сообщение Марина » 03.01.2014, 21:56

I.Translate into Russian.

1.You are noisy, I won’t tell you a story. 2. Tell them a story, if they’re not noisy. 3. If you were not so noisy, I’d tell you a store. 4. I wouldn’t be telling them a story, if they were noisy. 5. If I hadn’t been telling them a story, they would have been much noisier. 6. I wish you a merry Christmas. 7. I wish we could have a merry Christmas. 8. I wish we had a merry Christmas. 9. If only they invited me! 10. If only they had invited me! 11. If you will wait a minute, you will be able to see the manager. 12. Supposing, you were fired… - I could be, but I haven’t got a job yet. 13. If somebody should turn up, tell them to wait. 14. I’d rather you gave him a lift. – As if I had a car. 15. Were you more careful, you’d have made fewer mistakes. 16. Should he fail to be re-elected, it would be a disappointment for all of us. 17. If they hadn’t interfered, he might have been killed. 18. Had he been promoted, he’d be earning much more now. 19. I wish the staff were politer. They just wouldn’t. 20. They didn’t agree. Otherwise we would have joined them.

II. Choose the correct variant to fill in the blank.
21. If we ___ harder, we’ll be through in a week.
a) will work b) work c) would work d) worked
22. But for your assistance, I ___ the work by Monday.
a) would have done b) have done c) wouldn’t done d) haven’t done
23. If you ___ the skirt in hot water, it wouldn’t have shrunk.
a) didn’t wash b) washed c) had washed d) hadn’t washed
24. If only holidays ___ longer!
a) last b) were lasting c) lasted d) have lasted
25. Without the wind, the leaves ___.
a) wouldn’t have rustled b) weren’t rustling
c) would be rustling d) wouldn’t be rustling
26. ___ cost less, they would have been able to pay for it.
a) If it did b) If it had c) Had it d) Did it
27. Mum wishes ___ a new flat.
a) we buy b) we can c) we have bought d) we could bought
28. ___ the job, his wife will be able to stay at home.
a) If he got b) If he get c) If he should get d) If he would get
29. They wouldn’t be happier, even if they ___ a million.
a) have given b) are given c) have been given d) were given
30. We would have stayed at home, if we had known the teacher ___.
a) wouldn’t come b) wouldn’t have come
c) didn’t come d) wouldn’t had come

III. Match the harts, producing as many correct and logical sentences as possible.
31. Teachers wish a) medicines were cheaper
32. Pupils wish b) their salary were higher
33. Parents wish c) there was no homework
34. Doctors wish d) their children were obedient
35. Patients wish e) everybody did homework
36. If they treat you properly f) you would recover
37. If they are treating you properly g) you would have recovered
38. If they treated you properly h) you are recovering
39. If they had treated you properly i) you would be recovering
40. If they were treating you properly j) you’ll recover
41. I would have chosen another profession k) if I were prettier
42. I would be slimming l) if I were quick-tempered
43. I would be a sailor now m) if I were fatter
44. I would have become an actress n) if I couldn’t react fast
45. I wouldn’t be studying here o) if I didn’t wear glasses
46. Supposing p) as if I were President
47. If only q) you should revise everything
48. They suggest r) you were President
49. You’re absent-minded s) you would be more considerate
50. You look now t) or else you wouldn’t get into trouble

IV. Correct the mistakes, if any.
51. If only I’m a princess! 52. If I would have been working hard!… But I haven’t. 53. But if the wind, it wouldn’t be so cold. 54. If she had tired the parcel, it hadn’t got unwrapped. 55. Without a hairdresser, she wouldn’t managed to change her hairstyle. 56. She walks as if she is flying. 57. I wish I consulted this doctor long ago. 58. What if you would lose confidence at the exam? 59. I would buy a roadway ticket, but I forgot. 60. If you have done the shopping, we’d have dinner now. 61. If my parents were taller, I wouldn’t be called “Shortie” at school. 62. What if we won’t book tickets in advance? 63. But for your advice, I couldn’t solve the problem yesterday. 64. I wish you would change your clothes! 65. It is necessary that every teacher must know his subject. 66. Even if I had gone in for sports all the time, I wouldn’t have lost much weight. 67. If there were more goods on dale in the seventies, there wouldn’t have been lines in shops. 68. I wish I didn’t forget to ask him for his phone number. 69. He’s spoiled his customs form. Otherwise he wouldn’t ask for another. 70. If it weren’t the end of the term, we wouldn’t write the test now. 71. I wish I booked the lower berth. I didn’t sleep a wink. 72. Supposing, you fail the exam. What would you do? 73. If you would book the tickets after all, call me at once. 74. If only I would change my character! 75. It is strange that the burglars would have taken only a vase. 76. If I had foreseen what would have happened! 77. I’d rather you to stop smoking. 78. If you had not slept at the moment, nothing would have happened. 79. I’d call the manager, if you would wait, madam. 80. If only you would give up cribbing! 81. Is it normal that the patient should feel dizzy? 82. I wish you looked at the board while I’m explaining the rule. 83. If you had called, we wouldn’t have to wait so long. 84. If you were taking the medicine all the time, you would have recovered. 85. But for your parents helped you, you wouldn’t manage.
V. Transform the sentence to show that you are speaking about something hypothetical.
86. I want to have a new doll. 87. Michael doesn’t know anything. Bu listen to the way he talks! 88. What a pity that she failed! 89. I’m thinking of inviting him too. Will he accept? 90. They didn’t buy that car. Now they are sorry. 91. We are not going to have a party, though I like the idea very much. 92. I don’t feel like going to the party tonight. I prefer to stay at home. 93. They didn’t like it that she was interfering. 94. She broke her leg. She slipped on the ice. 95. I’m at a loss. My car has broken down.

VI. Insert a suitable verb in the proper mood form.
96. You’d rather apologize, or the headmaster ___ again. 97. I wouldn’t have been late for my classes, if my alarm clock ___ up. 98. Had I been there, I would ___ the police at once. 99. I wish our neighbour ___ to play the guitar! 100. It’s stuffy. I’d rather you ___ the window. 101. We wouldn’t ___ to wait so long, if we had reserved a table. 102. The forest wouldn’t have burnt down, if the children ___ a fire. 103. If only my parents ___ to another school! 104. I wish I ___ back to school again. School years were fun. 105. They say if the Titanic hadn’t been so large, it might not ___. 106. It’s a pity we went by bus. By the underground we ___ to the centre much sooner. 107. You wouldn’t have been fined, if you ___ your car in the wrong place. 108. I ___ to fly to Boston, but the weather is awful. 109. Last year we went on a package tour to Turkey. I wish we ___. 110. But for the fog, the landing might ___ less dangerous. 111. I’d rather we ___ non-stop. It was a tiresome journey. 112. I ___ to France by air that time, but I’m always airsick on planes. 113. I wish we ___ where to change. I’m afraid we’ll get lost. 114. If only customs officers ___ to search us! I hate the procedure. 115. I’ve never seen a double-decker. Or I ___ to describe it.

VII. Complete the sentences. Mind the mood forms.
116. If you hadn’t put the key into your pocket ___ 117. If I were quite fit ___ 118. If somebody did the shopping for me ___ 119. If I were already married ___ 120. If clothes were just a bit cheaper ___ 121. If I had gone in for sports in my childhood ___ 122. If I had a chance to go to Britain ___ 123. If you didn’t wear your heart on your sleeve ___ 124. If I were to take a bitter medicine ___ 125. If I hadn’t always been airsick during the take-off ___ 126. I would do a lot of travelling ___ 127. Computers wouldn’t have become so popular ___ 128. I wouldn’t be a Fakel fan ___ 129. Medicines wouldn’t be so expensive ___ 130. I would already have had my chest x-rayed ___ 131. I would hardly be sneezing ___ 132. We might go out of town tomorrow ___ 133. The burglars wouldn’t have been able to break in ___ 134. There wouldn’t be so many sick people ___ 135. We would have done better at the last test ___ 136. Most women wish ___ 137. But for men, women ___ 138. Without men, women ___ 139. If only examiners ___ 140. In my childhood I wished ___
VIII. Restore the sentences, using the given harts. Don’t change their forms or order.
141. supposing/ hair/ gray 142. if/ a bigger grant 143. but for/ so many injections 144. what if/ while shopping 145. would rather/ hiking 146. even if/ football match 147. wish/ return tickets 148. if only/ hospital 149. would have been/ by air 150. had looked/ party 151. night flight/ to hail a taxi 152. hard working enough/ better marks/ last term 153. first class/ but/ enough cash 154. in a draw/ the last week 155. artificial teeth/ sweets/ in my childhood

IX. Translate into English, using the necessary moods.
156. Мы бы не сидели дома, если бы не шел дождь. 157. Жаль, что ты никак не хочешь посидеть дома. 158. Идет дождь, а то бы мы не сидели дома. 159. Если бы дождь не шел уже три дня, на улице не было бы так грязно. 160. Вот если бы сейчас не шел дождь! 161. Было жаль, что дождь идет уже неделю. 162. Мы бы не просидели дома всю неделю, если бы не шел дождь. 163. Жаль, что здесь часто идет дождь. 164. Что ж дождь никак не кончается! 165. Такое впечатление, что дождя не было целую вечность. 166. Почту не доставили вовремя, а то бы мы уже получили письмо. 167. Мы пожалели, что почту не доставляют вовремя. 168. Вот если бы я все это время получала от него письма! 169. Я бы предпочла, чтобы письма мне доставляли в офис. 170. Кажется, что в последнее время почту вообще не доставляют. 171. Телеграмму доставили бы вовремя, а письмо опоздало. 172. Даже если бы ты отправил письмо вчера, его бы завтра не доставили. 173. Мы бы не ждали ейчас письма, если бы почту доставили вовремя. 174. Это письмо не было бы доставлено вовремя, даже если бы ты его вовремя отправил. 175. Если бы не ошибка в адресе, тебе бы уже давно доставили письмо. 176. Жаль, что ты пропускал занятия все это время. 177. Ты не мог бы прикрутить громкость? 178. Даже если бы я был свободен завтра, вряд ли бы пошел в кино. 179. Мог бы получить оценки и получше!.. 180. Вот было бы у нас лекарство от рака! 181. Что ж доктора выписывают такие дорогие лекарства! 182. Как жфль, что тебя каждый раз тошнит на корабле! 183. Интересно, утонул бы Титаник, если бы были приняты все меры предосторожности. 184. Если бы мы сели на прямой поезд, нам бы теперь не пришлось пересаживаться. 185. Мы бы уже спали сейчас, если бы вовремя взяли билеты в спальный вагон. 186. Ей часто приходится ездить за границу. Иначе ей не нужна была бы такая виза. 187. Если бы не погода, рейс бы не отложили. 189. Мне надо отремонтироваь машину, а то мы не сможем поехать к морю. 190. Что ж ты никак не покупаешь билеты заранее!

[size=85][color=gray]Добавлено спустя 8 минут 34 секунды:[/color][/size]
MODALS
I. Translate into Russian. Mind the meaning of the sentence.
1.Can it be that late? 2. Shall we start tomorrow? 3. Must I read aloud? 4. Lessons can be very tiresome. 5. What am I to do? 6. He may not know that. 7. I couldn’t help cribbing. 8. Come what may. 9. You must come and see us. 10. A chair is to sit on. 11. The 3.10 must have left. 12. Boys will be boys. 13. You can’t have been sleeping. 14. You should have heard that! 15. You might have told your parents. 16. You must be joking. 17. You shall regret this. 18. How should I know? 19. It might have been run over. 20. They shouldn’t have been left alone.

IV. Choose the correct variant, matching the Russian sentence and the modal combination, rending its meaning in English.
51. Рейс, возможно, отменят. a) can’t have been
52. Не может быть, что рейс отменили. b) should have been
53. Может, рейс отменили. c) had to be
54. Рейс можно было бы и отменить. d) is sure to be
55. Зря рейс не отменили. e) may be
56. Нельзя было отменять рейс. f) may have been
57. Рейс пришлось отменить. g) must have been
58. Рейс, похоже, отменят. h) is likely to be
59. Рейс, наверняка, отменят. i) shouldn’t have been
60. Рейс, наверняка, отменили. j) could have been

V. Correct the mistakes if any.
61. They’ll able to pass the exam. 62. You mustn’t stand up, it isn’t necessary. 63. The old ought be respected and loved. 64. She had to move the furniture herself, hadn’t she? 65. Can she has failed again? 66. Mother could come home early yesterday, we were all very glad. 67. You need to have your hair cut. 68.You mustn’t have taken your father’s car. 69. Shall we start? – Yes, you shall. 70. Need we to get up so early? 71. She had to come at five, but she was busy. 72. Had they really to be so rude after all? 73. You needn’t to rewrite the composition, it’s neat enough. 74. Could you explain the rule again, please? – Of course, I could. 75. May you tell me how to get to the bank? 76. It’s 9 o’clock and Alice is still out. She must have come home already, she knows we are waiting. 77. Could we have met before? Your face looks vaguely familiar. 78. She had to do it in writing, but she did it orally. 79. You might tell me about it yesterday. 80. He said we must keep quiet. 81. He should contact us, if his plans changed. 82. You might at least offered your help yesterday. 83. She should have told everything, she had the right to know. 84. Mother could have come early yesterday. We needed her and we were upset that she didn’t. 85. The sea can be rough tomorrow. 86. You should call your parents as soon as you learned the results. 87. You must read the wrong text, we are on the next page already. 88. You should see her in her youth! 89. Can they still have dinner? 90. John must be arrested, or Mary wouldn’t be crying. 91. You must not have understood me. 92. You mustn’t have knocked twice, I was already unlocking the door. 93. They might have never met before. 94. How often did you have to copy in your life? 95. Don’t be naughty, will you?

VI. Insert suitable modals or their equivalents. Notional verbs are necessary too in some cases.
96. There was a lot of food in the fridge, so I ___ go shopping and stayed at home. 97. Though there were queues in the booking-office, we ___ buy the tickets in time. 98. You ___ the floor. Did you forget we were going to move the furniture? 99. You ___ your homework yesterday, then there would be no need to worry now. 100. Jim has bought a very expensive car, he ___ very rich. 101. Though he felt unwell, he ___ finish the report because Monday was the deadline. 102. You ___ my telephone number, I just don’t believe you, it was in your notebook. 103. She ___ asleep already. She sometimes goes to bed quite early. 104. I was worrying, though sometimes awful ___ because you were awfully late. 105. Did you believe her?! She tells a lie now and then, she ___ lying that time as well.

VII. Complete the sentences.
106. Students need to ___ 107. Students must ___ 108. Students have to ___ 109. Students don’t have to ___ 110. Students can ___ 111. Students can’t ___ 112. Students may ___ 113. Students might ___ 114. Some students just won’t ___ 115. All students are to ___ 116. Yesterday he could ___ 117. Some young parents need ___ 118. It’s late. Why should I ___ 119. You were free that day. You could ___ 120. The food was free, you needn’t ___ 121. We can’t come in, the door won’t ___ 122. Look at the clouds, it may ___ 123. Look at the clouds, it can’t ___ 124. Listen to the noise coming from upstairs. They must ___ 125. I was ill last week. You might ___ 126. You never look at the traffic lights. You may ___ 127. You knew a lot at school. Your teachers must ___ 128. We have enough textbooks. Do you need ___ 129. The test was easy. There shouldn’t ___ 130. John always comes in time. If he is late now, something ___ 131. I told them the truth, they just wouldn’t ___ 132. My pen won’t write. Could ___ 133. She is crying. You shouldn’t ___ 134. She is crying. Could he ___

VIII. Restore the sentences. Make sure there is a modal verb in each of them.
135. can’t/ already 136. can/ tomorrow 137. should/ last week 138. shouldn’t/ right now 139. must/ the other day 140. had to/ next day 141. need/ last year 142. needn’t/ yesterday 143. might/ before 144. could/ in advance 145. won’t/ smoking

IX. Translate into English, using modal verbs.
146. Любой может тебе помочь. 147. Осторожно, он может тебе не помочь. 148. Может, она и поможет тебе. 149. Я не смогу тебе помочь. 150. Я могу тебе завтра помочь. 151. Они не смогли мне помочь. 152. Ему никто не может помочь. 153. Вы не могли бы мне помочь? 154. Я мог бы вам помочь. 155. Мы не могли ему помочь. 156. Я раньше умел помогать людям. 157. Не может быть, что он тебе помог. 158. Неужели они тебе помогли? 159. Они смогли мне помочь. 160. Неужели он вам уже помогает? 161. Неужели он вам уже давно помогает? 162. Мог бы мне помогать почаще. 163. Не может быть, что он тебе сейчас помогает. 164. Что ж ты мне не помог! 165. Возможно, они ему уже помогли. 166. Ты обязан им помочь. 167. Надо им помогать? – Нет, не надо. 168. Нельзя ему помогать! 169. Приходите, приходите обязательно и помогите ему. 170. Придется им помочь. 171. Старшим положено помогать новичкам. 172. Почему им пришлось тебе помогать? 173. Нам следует им помочь. 174. Ему приходится тебе помогать, да? 175. Помочь тебе? 176. Я должен был ему вчера помочь, но не смог. 177. Должно быть, он им уже помогает. 178. Должно быть, он им уже помог. 179. Видно, им все время помогали. 180. Как часто тебе приходилось кому-то помогать? 181. Кто знал, что мне суждено ему помогать всю жизнь. 182. Надо было тебе им помочь, что ж ты! 183. Он никак не хочет никому помогать, и все тут! 184. Зря мы им помогали все это время. 185. Он может заболеть. 186. Он может и не заболеть. 187. Он, может быть, болен. 188. Он, может, заболел. 189. Он,может, заболевает. 190. Он, видно, заболевает. 191. Должно быть, он заболел. 192. Неужели он заболевает? 193. Не мог он заболеть! 194. Тебе обязательно надо вылечиться. 195. Тебе обязательно надо заболеть перед моим днем рождения! 196. Та мог бы мне сказать, что он заболел! 197. Откуда мне знать, что он заболел? 198. Он, должно быть, все это время принимал лекарства. 199. Он никак не хочет принимать лекарства. 200. Он смог выздороветь. 201. Он мог бы выздороветь, но не принимал лекарства. 202. Он, похоже, выздоровеет. 203. Он, наверняка, выздоровеет. 204. Может он выздороветь? 205. Как долго ему пришлось принимать лекарства? 206. Кто по положению должен пересдавать экзамен? 207. Когда вы должны были сдавать экзамен? 208. Не может быть, что никто не сдал экзамен. 209. Не может быть, что они все еще пишут тест. 210. Некоторые студенты никак не делают домашнюю работу.
Марина

Сообщение English Guru » 03.01.2014, 22:10

Марина, конечно помогу! Слушаю Ваши вопросы.

English Guru M
Администратор
Администратор
Аватара
Наставник (1)

Сообщение ольга123456789 » 04.01.2014, 15:23

Correct, if any:

1. When it’s turn to pay, a customer asks the cashier for a plastic carrying bag. 2. The cashier rings up the prices up on the cash register! 3. I’m sorry, we’ve been run out of them now. 4. Someone who serves people in a shop is called a sailsman. 5. This dress doesn’t suit you, it’s in a size smaller, don’t you think? 6. I need shoes two sizes small than this pair. 7. This skirt doesn’t match with this T-shirt. 8. If you lack money, you should buy things on sale at reduced prices. 9. Do you mind putting aside that grey one for me? 10. Why do some people prefer to go to the market for food to going to food shops? 11. You look ridiculous in this swimming-suit, take it off! 12. It’s no use in buying ice-cream, it’ll have melted by the evening. 13. There’s a good diary shop near our block-of-flats. 14. Could you weight these apples for me, please? 15. Sorry, we have sold out at the moment.
ольга123456789

Сообщение Gensel » 04.01.2014, 16:50

Воссоздайте каждое предложение. Расставьте прописные буквы и знаки пунктуации там, где это необходимо.

a. this delay / once again / has caused / i regret / any inconvenience
b. with them / our understanding of the issues / i will get in touch / so that we can improve
c. your attending / to this matter / i would appreciate / at your earliest convenience
d. an alternate suggestion / if / we would be pleased / you have / to consider it
e. to you / of some assistance / this information / i hope / will be
f. this explanation / i trust / will answer / you raised / the questions
g. i would appreciate / by the end / hearing from you / of february
h. any further information / please do not hesitate / if you need / to contact me
i. the results / we will send you / as soon as possible / of the competition
j. receiving / i would appreciate / on the proposed form / before january 1 / your comments
Gensel

Info

Пред.След.

Название форума: Срочная помощь по английскому языку
Описание: Поможем с английским языком. В первую очередь помогаем тем, кто просит проверить задание, которое было выполнено самостоятельно. Отвечаем на вопросы, консультируем. Помощь с английским оказывается бесплатно.

Быстрый ответ

Этот вопрос предназначен для предотвращения автоматической отправки форм спам-ботами.

Вернуться в Срочная помощь по английскому языку