Fill in the gaps:
1. The suspicious person hasn't got ... alibi
A. some B. any C. little D. few
2. The convict ... English.
A. are B. am С speak D. is
3. ... you go to the cort yesterday?
A. have B. do C. did D when
4. The judge said ... the door.
A. you close B. closing С opened D. close
5. He ... to come for the inquiry tomorrow.
A. will B. sall C. will have D. can
6. The appointment will be … Thursday.
A. in B. by С on D. at
7. A barrister is a person who … people.
A. defending B. defends C. defended D. will defend
8. She … to go to the bench to see the jury.
A. has B. have C. must D. should
9. He is going to come for the public trial … ten o'clock.
A. to B. at С on D.in
10. … any witness?
A. have you got B. do you C. you have D. is there
11. I … with the case at the moment.
A. work B. am working С. am making D. worked
12. … Holms play the violin?
A. did B. does С. is D. are
13. … are a lot of crimes in the city.
A. they B. there С. here D. you
14. I … watch the criminal news last night.
A. didn't B. doesn't С can't D. don't
15. There are … thieves in the city
A. much B. a lot of С little D. a little
16. He … the murder last year.
A. will investigate B. investigate С investigated D. investigates
17. The judge and the jury sentenced … to death.
A. he B. their C. him D. hers
18. He broke the law …
A. next year B. this year C. every year D. last month
19. He will be released from the prison … May.
A. in B. on С. at D. during
20. I'm not guilty. I … the defendance.
A. am B. like D. have D. need