Добрый день, не могли бы вы помочь мне с вопросами к данным предложениям? 1 There are three branches of government in the society: legislature, executive and judicial.
2 The legislature in most countries is exercised by the Parliament.
3 The executive is exercised by the Government.
4 The judicial power is represented by the courts.
5 The Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation consists of two houses: the State Duma and the Federation Council.
6 The State Duma has 450 members.
7 The President of the Russian Federation is elected by the people on the basis of universal equal and direct suffrage by secret ballot.
8 The President is the head of the state.
9 The President represents the Russian Federation at home and abroad.
10 The President protects civil liberties.
11 The President is elected for a term of six years.
12 The State Duma is elected for a term of five years.
13 Crime is a violation of law.
14 There is criminal law to combat crime. It is necessary to bring criminals to justice.
15 Justice is the proper administration of law.
16 Law shall establish penalties for those who break the law. Different countries have got different laws.
17 The punishment should be proportionate with the crime.
18 The law is a standard of conduct formally recognized as binding and enforced by authority.
19 Criminal law system generally includes law enforcement agencies, courts and penal institutions.
20 Police has a number of responsibilities. The police protects life and property and preserves peace and order.
21 The main task of the police is crime prevention.
22 Nobody knows why people commit crimes.
23 The main causes of crime are poverty, poor education, domestic problems, unemployment and so on.
24 Legal professions are well known, for example, judge, lawyer, solicitor, barrister and so on.
25 When a crime is committed / has been committed the police arrests criminals who committed it.
26 The police should have a warrant or grounds for any arrest.
27 After the arrest, the suspected person is brought to the policy station for registration.
28 The suspected person should be immediately aware of rights: the right to obtain legal advice from a lawyer; the right to inform someone of the detained person’s whereabouts.
29 Punishing of offenders isn’t the police officers responsibility.
30 The accused always presumes innocent until proved quality by a court.
31 There is no excuse in ignoring the law.
32 The accused has the right to remain silent and be represented by counsel during interrogation.
Я составила к некоторым из них вопросы, но не уверена в правильности.
1. What branches of government are there? And how many branches of government are there?
2. What is the legislature exercised?
3. What is the executive exercised?
4. What is the judicial power represented?
5. From what houses does the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation consist?
6. How many members does the State Duma have?
7. On what basis is the President of the Russian Federation elected?
8. Who is the President for a state?
9. Where does the President represent the Russian Federation?
10. What does the President protect?
11. For how long/For what period is the President elected?
12. How long is the term of the State Duma?
13. What is a crime?
14. What system are there for combating crime? Для чего она нужна?
15. What does justice mean?
16. What does law establish for those who break the law? What have different countries got?
17. What should a punishment be proportionate?
18. What does the law mean? What is a standard of conduct formally recognized as binding and enforced by authority?
19. What does criminal law system include?
20. What does the police have? What responsibilities has the police got?
21. What is the main task of police?
22. What are the main causes of crime?
23. What legal professions are well known?
24. What does the police do when a crime is committed?
25. What should the police have for arrest?
26. What happens after the arrest?
27. What should the police do immediately? What rights has the suspected person got?
28. What does not excuse?
29. What right does the accused have?
30. Who is a lawyer?
31. What does jury swear to do?