1/ Переведите на русский язык предложения, определите в них видо-временную форму глагола и укажите их инфинитив:
1. Economic growth of any country depends on the development of agriculture.
2. Last year farmers applied more fertilizers than this year.
3. In winter the farmers will keep their cows in cowsheds.
4. They have already plowed the soil and sown wheat.
5. When the students came to the farm the farmers were plowing the soil.
6. The farmers are working in the fields now.
2/ Подчеркните модальный глагол и его эквивалент, переведите на русский:
1. Farmers must feed their animals properly.
2. Man cannot regulate the amount of rainfall, but he can prevent the loss of moisture from the soil by proper cultivation or by irrigation.
3. They have to intensify and to improve agricultural production.
3/ Образуйте причастие 1, причастие 2 от следующих глаголов, переведите на русский:
to plant, to grow, to feed, to produce, to obtain, to apply, to improve, to use.
4/ Переведите предложения с причастием 1 и причастием 2 на русский:
1.The products supplied by farm animals are meat, milk and eggs.
2. Farmers supplying their animals with nutritious feed obtain much milk and meat.
3. The crops grown by this farm are high-yielding.
5/ переведите предложения в страдательном залоге, подчеркните сказуемое:
1. All the work on the farm was done by the farmer and his family last summer.
2. Farm animals are kept for the production of meat, milk and eggs.
3. Dairy cows are milked with special machines.
6/ Переведите на русский язык предложения, содержащие разные формы сравнения:
1. Tis farm has higher crop yields now than last year.
2. Man obtains more food by growing better crop varieties.
3. Application of fertilizers is one of the best methods of increasing crop yields.