1. Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences with the Past Simple or Past Continuous.
после номера с дефисом мой вариант ответа.
This morning I (1)-walked to work. I (2)-didn’t want to go by bus because the sun (3)-was shining. While I (4)-walked past the supermarket, I (5)-was seeing something strange. A man (6)-passed near me and he (7)-sang a song very loudly on his own! He (8)-was continuing for a few minutes. Then he (9)-met a friend and he (10)-stopped singing.
1. A) was walking B) walked C) walk D) walking
2. A) didn’t want B) wasn’t wanting C) don’t want D) am not wanting
3. A) shone B) is shining C) was shining D) shines
4. A) walked B) am walking C) was walked D) was walking
5. A) was seeing B) saw C) am seeing D) see
6. A) passed B) was passing C) pass D) passes
7. A) sang B) sing C) was singing D) song
8. A) was continuing B) continues C) is continuing D) continued
9. A) will met B) met C) was meeting D) meet
10. A) was stopping B) stop C) stopped D) is stopping
2. Complete the sentences with the Present Perfect or Past Simple of the verbs in brackets.
В кавычках то, что я подставил
1. Tom Lost his key. He can’t got into the house.
2. When I got home last night, I have been very tired and I ____________________ (go) straight to bed.
3. Ann __?___ Has given______?_______ me her address but I’m afraid I «lost» (give/lose) it.
4. Your car looks very clean. «Washed» (you/wash) it?
5. They’re still building the new road. They «not finished» (not/finish) it.
6. Mrs. Smith «worked» (work) in a bank for 10 years. Then she gave it up.
7. I _________________ (have) a headache earlier but I feel better now.
8. I meant to phone Diane last night but I «forgot» (forget).
9. Where’s my bike? It _________?_________ outside the house. It ____?_____________! (be/disappear)
10. Where do you live? – In Boston. How long «have you lived» (you/live) there? – Five years. – Where «have you lived» (you/live) before that? – In Chicago. – And how long «you lived» (you/live) in Chicago? – Twenty years.
3. Complete the sentences with the Past Perfect or Past Simple of the verbs in brackets.
В кавычках то, что я подставил
1. Karen «didn't want» (not/want) to come to the cinema with us because she «had» already «seen» (see) the film.
2. When we «got» (get) home last night, we «found» (find) that somebody «had broken» (break) into the flat.
3. When Sarah «arrived» (arrive) at the party, Paul «had» already «been» (be) there.
4. The house was very quiet when I got home. Everybody «had gone» (go) to bed.
5. There was a car by the side of the road. It «had broken» (break) down and the driver was trying to repair it. So we «stopped» (stop) to see if we could help.
6. I «was» (be) very tired because I «had studied» (study) too much.
7. After Fred «had spent» (spend) his holiday in Italy he «wanted» (want) to learn Italian.
8. He explained that he not «hadn't decided» (decide) yet what University to enter.
9. The agent «realized» (realize) that he «had made» (make) a fatal mistake.
10. My friend «complained» (complain) that she «had spent» (spend) all her money.
4. Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences with Comparatives/Superlatives
Здесь уже поставлял буквами.
1. It was C) music I have ever heard.
A) more beautiful B) less beautiful C) the most beautiful D) beautiful E) most beautiful
2. Two heads are E) than one.
A) good B) bad C) worse D) worst E) better
3. Many people think Scotland is D) than England.
A) most beautiful B) the least beautiful C) least beautiful D) more beautiful E) beautiful
4. The teacher said that the results of our tests were not good. She added that E) of all was mine.
A) bad B) better C) worse D) good E) the worst
5. Mary is much B) than Ann, though they are both alike.
A) tall B) taller C) the tallest D) - E) tallest
6. Please, tell me something C) than this old joke.
A) interesting B) less interesting C) more interesting D) the most interesting E) the least interesting
7. Girls are much D) than boys.
A) quiet B) the quietest C) so quiet D) quieter E) too quiet
8. The B) you start, the B) you’ll finish.
A) soon / more quickly B) sooner / more quickly C) sooner / quickly D) soon / quickly E) more sooner / more quickly
9. You won’t find B) restaurant than this. They’ll all be B) expensive B) this one.
A) the cheapest / as / as B) a cheaper / as / as C) a cheaper / as more D) the cheapest / most / than E) a cheaper / most / as
10. The twenty second of December is D) day of the year.
A) short B) much shorter C) shorter D) the shortest E) less short
5. Choose the correct variant to complete the sentences
Здесь тоже буквами повставлял.
IN THE AIR
Flying is fun. I like being in a big A) with the C) (stewards and stewardesses) looking after me. They walk up and down the B) bringing meals and drinks; and if the flight is going through some C) they warn everybody that it might be bit bumpy and ask us to fasten our A) On a long flight I like listening to music through the B) available to all passengers, and sometimes I have a sleep. I enjoy it all so much that I never want the plane to D).
1. A) airliner B) airline C) cabin D) land
2. A) airliners B) aisle C) cabin crew D) passengers
3. A) airline B) aisle C) turbulence D) land
4. A) seat belts B) aisle C) turbulence D) land
5. A) seat belts B) seats C) belts D) land
6. A) airliners B) headphones C) telephones D) aisles
7. A) take off B) seat C) crew D) land